What is a Content Audit?
A content audit is an all-in-one report designed to improve your traffic growth, search performance and entire content strategy.
Every blog is sitting on a gold-mine of hidden growth opportunities:
- Articles that suffer from traffic decay
- Technical SEO issues that limit your search performance
- Lucrative keywords that are just out of reach.
The Animalz content marketing audit is designed to surface these opportunities, and provide the insight and guidance needed to act on them.
An Animalz audit isn’t just a spreadsheet of keywords to hit—we'll share help strengthen your overarching marketing strategy, and create a clear roadmap for future growth.
Say "goodbye" to generic best practices, and "hello" to expert recommendations borne from our experience generating millions of pageviews for companies like Google, Intercom and Wistia.
Each audit is supported by a library of instructional videos and guides. We'll give you the knowledge needed to turn our recommendations into meaningful business growth.
What's in a Content Audit?
Each content audit is unique and tailored to the goals and priorities of your business.
We’ll focus on a combination of:
- 🤖 Technical SEO: Analyzing page load times, internal linking structure and website meta-data.
- ✍️ On-page SEO: Identifying top-performing search terms, and improving on-page SEO on key pages.
- 🔎 Strategic content analysis: Making recommendations to Prune, Revive or Grow each website page.
- 👩🏫 Resource library: Sharing educational videos, guides and annotated articles.
- 🗺️ Tailored execution roadmap: Prioritising our recommendations, based on your current resources.
Our content audits are designed for:
- 💸 Established blogs (>100 articles) looking to generate more revenue from their existing content.
- 🔍 Businesses that want to improve the search performance of their entire website.
- 📈 Marketing teams looking to overcome plateaus and embark on their next phase of growth.
If you’re interested in a content audit, you’ll be in great company: customers we’ve helped with audits and strategy include GoDaddy, Zendesk and AdEspresso.
Benefits of Content Audits
Prune dead-weight pages
Animalz partnered with a large publishing company to audit over 44,000 site pages.
Our strategic analysis identified over 1,000 articles that needed removing from the site–a process we refer to as content pruning.
Within a month of implementing the roadmap shared in their content audit, site traffic to the audited website had increased by 12%, equivalent to 200,000 additional users.
“…so far we’ve [pruned] about 1,300 articles and saw organic growth lift 12% month-to-month.”
Identify refresh opportunities
Updating your existing library of content can help improve your search rankings and maximize the value of your blog. Our audit can help you identify old posts that are ripe for updating.
Within one month of refreshing an article for Zendesk Sell, the team saw a 22% increase in sessions and ranking keywords, with the article moving up three places on the first page of Google for its target keyword of “customer data.”
“…we saw a 22% increase in sessions and moved up 3 spots on the 1st page of Google.”
Optimize internal linking
The way your site is structured can play a major role in how well it’s indexed by search engines. Proper linking can provide a huge boost to your rankings.
We worked with one customer to rank for the keyword “heatmaps,” identifying over a dozen existing articles to link back to a central “hub” page in. With proper linking, the company started ranking #1 on Google for the keyword “heatmaps.”
With proper linking, their hub page started ranking #1 on Google for the keyword “heatmaps.”