Content Marketing Manager
Animalz is a content marketing agency that strives to create the best content on the web. We help companies—particularly B2B SaaS businesses—grow by making great content that their audience loves.
Our focus is on written content that helps companies educate and inform their audiences (Executives, Managers, and other specialized professionals in their field) on strategies and tactics for being successful in their work. Product, design, marketing, sales, and engineering are the main topic areas we cover, mostly within the SaaS/tech field.
An ideal content manager at Animalz:
- is deeply passionate about writing and approach all forms of content with a creatively curious mindset
- writes clearly, concisely, and in an organized way
- has a marketing sense for storytelling
- understands the business side of writing
- is well-organized, independently motivated and loves working directly with customers
- is fascinated by the role technology plays in our day-to-day lives and the ways it continues to shape our future.
- You are able to articulate a basic B2B content strategy
- You can clearly explain why a piece of content needs to be written
- You know how to do on-page SEO for any piece you write
- You have a strong writing ability
- You’ve worked directly with customers and understand the basics for handling that relationship
- You have a good basic understanding of how content marketing, SEO, email marketing, and social marketing function (on a theoretical level, at least) and how they can work together to get results.
- You can work at hours that regularly overlap with EST business hours (3 hours per day at least) and can schedule overlap with a few PST hours as needed (3-4 hours a month for customer calls).
- Compose, revise and deliver 2-4 B2B blog posts per week (~1,500 words each)
- Maintain the relationship, expectations, and retention for 2-4 customers
- Help craft and pitch ideas that align with a specific strategy
- Contribute towards creating a successful content strategy
- Do promotion for your articles
- Help the team learn from your customers by celebrating wins and sharing opportunities
We’re a remote team with a home base in NYC and team members scattered around the world. We have an eclectic team of scientists, journalists, operations folks, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company.
- Full-time (40 hours per week) remote job with contract. Although we applaud and encourage pursuing your passion projects, we want to make it clear that this is not a freelance/part-time position you can do in tandem with other major professional endeavors
- Work from anywhere you like
- Health insurance for both US and international team members with 80% premium coverage and 100% of vision and dental
- 20 paid days off per year
- Unlimited sick and personal days
- Monthly health and wellness stipend (for gym subscription or other physical activity)
- Monthly team lunch stipend to enjoy a lunch with a friend or coworker
- Learning opportunities through internal workshops, talks, and attending conferences